- 11 Sexual Harassment Settlements Cost State $5 million, New York Times (Oct. 4, 2012)
- Vito Lopez’s Pals Tell Him “Showing Up” in Albany is Nothing but Trouble for Now, New York Daily News (Oct. 4, 2012)
- NY Comptroller Tom DiNapoli: Don’t Look at Me in Vito Lopez Secret Deal Scandal, New York Daily News (Oct. 2, 2012)
- Vito Lopez Sex Scandal Unravels “Bear Mountain Pact” and Albany’s Sordid Past, Huffington Post (Sept. 27, 2012)
- Tarred Lawmaker has Easy Path, Wall Street Journal (Oct. 3, 2012)
- In Brooklyn, Lopez’s Ties to a Bishop Seem Frayed, New York Times (Sept. 30, 2012)
- Silver Hangs On as Probes Continue, WNYC.Org (Oct. 2, 2012)
- Salary Hikes for Pols Hinge on Silver Probe, New York Post (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Vito Lopez Helped Get Deals for Family and Friends, New York Daily News (Sept. 16, 2012)
Posts tagged Thomas DiNapoli
The Times Union has this piece on the person whom Cuomo would be likely to appoint to run his threatened Moreland Act investigation: Linda Lacewell, the Governor’s Special Assistant.
Lacewell is a no-nonsense, tough-as-nails former federal prosecutor who most recently served as Cuomo’s special counsel when he was Attorney General. In that position, Lacewell was the lead prosecutor in the Hevesi/Hank Morris Pension Fund scandal. And we all know how that turned out for the targets; they all went to jail.
And, not only did they all go to jail, but Lacewell (and Ellen Biben, by the way) gathered so much evidence against Hevesi and Morris that everyone pleaded out rather than go to trial.
In a way, it’s too bad that JCOPE found Jesus after Cuomo threatened a Moreland Act investigation. Unlike JCOPE, Ms. Lacewell has a proven record of putting corrupt politicians and their cronies behind bars.